A widely traveled painter, muralist and sculptor, Lucy Boyadjian Janjigian, was born of Armenian descent in Jerusalem where she attended English Mission schools. She received her B.A. in Biology from Heidelberg University, Tiffin, Ohio, and her M.S. in Plant Ecology from Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia.
Painting became her passion and she developed into an award winning artist after many years of study at the Art Students League and the Stacy Studio Workshop in New York City.
All paintings are acrylic on canvas unless otherwise noted.
She is listed in “Who’s Who in American Art.” In 1986, Lucy won First Place in Abstract Acrylic Painting at the National Arts Club, New York, NY.
Lucy has been repeatedly commissioned for paintings, murals, magazine and church bulletin covers, book jackets, children’s book illustrations, Christmas cards and stamps.
She has participated in numerous one-person and group exhibitions.
One Person Exhibitions at:
- Armenian Library and Museum of America, Watertown, MA.
- Emory University, Dobbs University Center Gallery, Atlanta, GA.
- Heidelberg University, Beeghly Library, Tiffin, OH; On the 150th anniversary of the University.
- Eglise Evangelic Armenienne, Issy les Moulineaux, France; On the occasion of the 150th anniversary of Armenian Evangelical Churches.
- Felician College, Lodi, NJ; To coincide with the International Ethics Conference on Value Inquiry.
- Queens College, Benjamin Rosenthal Library, Flushing, NY.
- First Community Church, Columbus, OH: Participated in a Homeless workshop weekend.
- Convention Hall, Philadelphia, PA; At the 201st General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church, USA.
- Fairleigh Dickinison University, Madison, NJ; For Hungerthon for the Homeless.
Her works hang in many public, private and corporate collections:
- The Armenian Library and Museum of America, Inc. Watertown, MA.
- St. Leon’s Armenian Church, FairLawn, NJ.
- Armenian Missionary Association of America, Paramus, NJ.
- Haigazian University, Beirut, Lebanon.
- Armenian Evangelical Union, Fresno, CA.
- Berliner Handels und Frankfurter Bank, NYC.
- Mekhitarist Monastery of Vienna, Library and Museum, Austria.